locked
SharePoint People Search Suddenly Not Showing Results RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am having an issue with the People Search web part in SharePoint not showing any results.  It was working yesterday.  If I type a last name into the people search, an error stating “No people results matching your search were found”. comes up.  This is a regular search (not a FAST).  Some additional info:

     

    ·     The "All Sites" portion of the search works fine.  In the case of where I do a search on a last name in 'All Sites' the results include MySites for that person in the results.

    ·     All people are showing just fine in the User Profile Service.

    ·     We have a Corporate Directory Ajax web part that pulls user profile data, and that is working.

     

    There are no error messages in the log.  I ran a full crawl successfully, did an iisreset.  Nothing.

     

    What I'd really love is a diagram showing the process flow of people search from the UPS to the web part, but I can't find one.  I'm wondering if this might be permissions or a web part configuration issue.  I've looked into both possibilities, and can't find anything there.

     

    --Dennis


    Dennis J Watts
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:08 PM

Answers

  • I figured out the problem and found a solution -- or rather someone else found it for me, and here it is.

    The content source configured for the people search was for the farm (i.e. the address was listed as SPS3://<Server Name>).  The gentleman who fixed the issue simply changed this to the site.  So it was changed to SPS3://<site name> (like SPS3://contoso.com).  He took one out and added the other.


    Dennis J Watts
    • Marked as answer by DennisJWatts Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:36 PM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:36 PM

All replies

  • have you tried resetting the index?

    Does normal search actually work?

    Matthew Hughes


    @mattmoo2 @MattHughesCK EngageInSharePoint.co.uk
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi Matt,

    Yes, I did re-set the index.  I forgot to mention that in my original post.  Then I ran the full crawl.  And the normal search works well.

    --Dennis


    Dennis J Watts
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:24 PM
  • I figured out the problem and found a solution -- or rather someone else found it for me, and here it is.

    The content source configured for the people search was for the farm (i.e. the address was listed as SPS3://<Server Name>).  The gentleman who fixed the issue simply changed this to the site.  So it was changed to SPS3://<site name> (like SPS3://contoso.com).  He took one out and added the other.


    Dennis J Watts
    • Marked as answer by DennisJWatts Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:36 PM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:36 PM