why MVC ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1296634590 posted

Hello

1. I should build WEB APPLICATION or WINDOWS DESKTOP APP ( I understand with windows app, don't have build security much, as WINDOWS will take care of it )

2. I am migrating from IBM COBOL app to MODERN APP so I picked .NET MVC Entity as the way to go FYI.

So Should I go with simple web forms vs MVC Entity framework or any other design approach ?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:15 PM

All replies

• User-1780421697 posted

It depends on your skills and feasibility as well as code readability,In case of windows application you can reuse code if you use ASP.Net Web forms like Data Access Techniques and Event Driven Approach as well as Controls are very much reusable.

MVC is good approach on the other hand but much HTTP Oriented and most of controls and other work need to be done in Client Side scripting as well.So its up to you :)

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:23 AM
  • User1296634590 posted

Thanks I read online that

1. MVC good in many ways being latest from MS and also separates the problems to test and code.

2. WebAPI is for REST Services I believe, since I am using SOAP it is the CONTROLLERS that I need to create NOT WebAPI to subscribe for SOA Service.

Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:15 PM