How to clean markup like in Microsoft Home Page RRS feed

• Question

• User-1360472268 posted

In Microsoft Home Page the aspx output markup is without whitespaces. Do you know any solution how to do this?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:25 PM

Answers

• User-955209475 posted

Hi Ivannicoff,

You could either use an ISAPI filter or a HTTP Module for this. You'd just strip whatever you wanted (in this case the whitespace) from the response after it's been rendered. Take a look at this example HTTP Module for one approach.

Disclaimer: I don't know that guy who wrote the blog entry, nor I have ran or verified that code, I just found him by searching. Use it at your own risk.

Microsoft probably sees decent savings due to the sheer amount of traffic they have to contend with. Most people will have much better results using compression (which IIS has built in). It's also much easier to debug your pages when it's nicely formatted. :)

I hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:54 AM

All replies

• User-955209475 posted

Hi Ivannicoff,

You could either use an ISAPI filter or a HTTP Module for this. You'd just strip whatever you wanted (in this case the whitespace) from the response after it's been rendered. Take a look at this example HTTP Module for one approach.

Disclaimer: I don't know that guy who wrote the blog entry, nor I have ran or verified that code, I just found him by searching. Use it at your own risk.

Microsoft probably sees decent savings due to the sheer amount of traffic they have to contend with. Most people will have much better results using compression (which IIS has built in). It's also much easier to debug your pages when it's nicely formatted. :)

I hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:54 AM
  • User-1360472268 posted

Thank you/

Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:48 PM