none
Fixing DirectoryNotFoundException RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm having problems with a software i recently started to use. It worked perfectly fine the first 3 weeks, after 3 days the program crashes 2 seconds after i open it. I checked out the windows logs and figured out two problems that appear. 

The first one is labeled as Application Error, it says that KERNELBASE.dll is my fault module which is caused by the exe i try to get running again. Exception Code is: 0xe0434352

The second error is a .NET Runtime error. It says: the process was closed due to an unhandled exception. Exceptioninformation: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException 

Rest of the log: 

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare)
       at App123.Extensions.ExtendedPath.ReadAllBytes(System.String)
       at App123.Extensions.StringExtensions.GetFileHashDirect(System.String)
       at App123.FileInfoCache.GetFileHash(System.String, Boolean)
       at App123.WinClient.Business.LocalProjectFactory.FromFile(System.String, System.DateTime, System.String)
       at App123.WinClient.Business.ProjectsBusiness+<>c__DisplayClass24_1.<ScanForProjectsAsync>b__2(System.Object, System.Diagnostics.DataReceivedEventArgs)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.OutputReadNotifyUser(System.String)
       at System.Diagnostics.AsyncStreamReader.FlushMessageQueue()
       at System.Diagnostics.AsyncStreamReader.GetLinesFromStringBuilder()
       at System.Diagnostics.AsyncStreamReader.ReadBuffer(System.IAsyncResult)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.IO.Stream+ReadWriteTask.System.Threading.Tasks.ITaskCompletionAction.Invoke(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.FinishContinuations()
       bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Finish(Boolean)
       bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
       bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
       bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Is there anything that i can do as a User of this software?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I just hope that i used the right category for this question, i'm not really into developing with .NET Runtime.

Elias

Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Answers

• Seems that ReadAllBytes, which appears in log, does not find the file due to a missing directory.

Do you have details about this part of the software? Maybe it requires some folders and file, which were accidentally removed. Perhaps re-installing the software will help.

Friday, July 22, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Hi ElElias,

>> Exceptioninformation: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException 

Based on your description and error message, it seems that the app wants to access a folder, but the folder doesn’t exist on your machine.

>> Is there anything that i can do as a User of this software?

If you are the user of the software, if you know the name and location of folder, then you could create the folder with related name on related location.

In addition, I would suggest that you could contract software provider to fix the issue.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:57 AM

All replies

• Seems that ReadAllBytes, which appears in log, does not find the file due to a missing directory.

Do you have details about this part of the software? Maybe it requires some folders and file, which were accidentally removed. Perhaps re-installing the software will help.

Friday, July 22, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Hi ElElias,

>> Exceptioninformation: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException 

Based on your description and error message, it seems that the app wants to access a folder, but the folder doesn’t exist on your machine.

>> Is there anything that i can do as a User of this software?

If you are the user of the software, if you know the name and location of folder, then you could create the folder with related name on related location.

In addition, I would suggest that you could contract software provider to fix the issue.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:57 AM