none
Setup Windows Server on Azure for someone else RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to setup Windows Server on Azure for someone else.

In all setup done on Azure and Windows Server, I would like to be the Administrator but I want to delegate some privileges so the person so that he can look for general task on Windows Server and Azure.

Please let me know, how to do it?

Regards

InTechSys

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:25 PM

All replies

• The simplest solution would be to build up the environment then use RBAC to control what access the user has to both the VM and the subscription overall 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/overview

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:41 PM
  • Any update on this? 

If the above proposed solution was helpful please remember to "Up-vote" and "Mark as Answer" so other membersof the community can easily find it. 

Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:12 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Just checking in if you got a chance to check the previous reply for your query.

If your issue is resolved with the provided suggestion, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" on the post that helped you, so that other forum members can benefit from it.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Sorry for delay in reply.

The link you referred is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/overview

I have gone through it but I am unable to understand practical steps so that I can setup.

If possible, please provide me links that can explain practical steps

InTechSys

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:52 PM
  • I would suggest you review the tutorials to get a better understanding of how to apply RBAC to resources 

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:34 PM
  • Assign a user as an administrator of a subscription

To make a user an administrator of an Azure subscription, assign them the Owner role at the subscription scope. The Owner role gives the user full access to all resources in the subscription, including the right to delegate access to others. These steps are the same as any other role assignment.

1. In the Azure portal, click All services and then Subscriptions.

2. Click the subscription where you want to grant access.

3. Click Access control (IAM).

4. Click the Role assignments tab to view all the role assignments for this subscription.

5. Click Add > Add role assignment to open the Add role assignment pane.

If you don't have permissions to assign roles, the Add role assignment option will be disabled.

Add menu

Add role assignment pane

6. In the Role drop-down list, select the Owner role.

7. In the Select list, select a user. If you don't see the user in the list, you can type in the Select box to search the directory for display names and email addresses.

8. Click Save to assign the role.

After a few moments, the user is assigned the Owner role at the subscription scope.

From Renu

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:23 PM
  • Any update on this issue? 

If you found the above proposed answer useful, please remember to "Up-vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can easily find the answer. 

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:39 PM
  • Any update on this? 

If the proposed answer was useful, please remember to "Up-Vote" and "Mark as Answer" so others in the community can benefit 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:04 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If your issue is resolved with the provided suggestion, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" on the post that helped you, so that other forum members can benefit from it.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:01 AM