none
Azure Webjobs - Will these retire with Azure Scheduler? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us that the Azure Scheduler will be retired on September 30, 2019.

We make use of a lot of app service Webjobs within our tenant (CRON Triggered), and I was wondering whether these will be impacted by this change as well?

To clarify, I'm talking about this type of Webjobs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/webjobs-create

Thanks in advance for your response,

Robin

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi RobinSandra. AFAIK, there should be no impact to your webjobs. Are you seeing any impact? If yes, please respond with the issue summary and we can help investigate.

Worth noting: with Azure Scheduler approaching retirement , most (if not all) it's features will be supported in Azure Logic Apps. Here is a useful doc for your reference.

Cheers.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi RobinSandra. AFAIK, there should be no impact to your webjobs. Are you seeing any impact? If yes, please respond with the issue summary and we can help investigate.

Worth noting: with Azure Scheduler approaching retirement , most (if not all) it's features will be supported in Azure Logic Apps. Here is a useful doc for your reference.

Cheers.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:29 AM
  • Hello Femisulu,

Thank you for your quick repsonse!

I'm not yet seeing an impact; but the retiring has only been announced for September 30, 2019. Anyway, I've read the documentation again, and I also think there should be no impact to my webjobs.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Kind Regards

Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi Femisulu, 

Are you sure about this claim? I see Azure automatically added my triggered webjobs in a Scheduler Job Collection.

When the job collection are deleted, will the webjobs still be triggered then?

Dave

Thursday, September 19, 2019 10:45 PM
  • The proper answer is here:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/58026472/3446199

As I understand it, the webjobs won't be deleted but they won't actually be triggered if they are using Azure Scheduler, after the Scheduler service is retired. If they are using CRON then everything will be fine.

Tim

23 hours 56 minutes ago