none
PhoneGap Quickstart: Where Is It? RRS feed

• Question

• This tutorial from the Azure documentation is exactly what I need, but there's a problem: when I go to my mobile services panel, the quickstart for PhoneGap isn't there! Along with the HTML/Javascript button, it has disappeared from the page.

In the tutorial, it shows the Mobile Services panel as having a button specifically for PhoneGap applications, however my panel has no such button.

Does anyone know why this would happen or how to access the PhoneGap quickstart despite it not showing up?

• Edited by Reubend Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:07 PM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You would get the phonegap option in the quickstart only if you set the runtime as JavaScript.

However if you choose the runtime as .NET you would not get the option unfortunately.

Please try creating a mobile service with the Javascript runtime and check if it addresses you issue.

Regards,
    Malar.

• Marked as answer by Reubend Friday, July 25, 2014 6:13 PM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You would get the phonegap option in the quickstart only if you set the runtime as JavaScript.

However if you choose the runtime as .NET you would not get the option unfortunately.

Please try creating a mobile service with the Javascript runtime and check if it addresses you issue.

Regards,
    Malar.

• Marked as answer by Reubend Friday, July 25, 2014 6:13 PM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Thank you very much Malar!

That solved my issue perfectly! Do you know if it is possible to make a PhoneGap app with a .NET backend? I ask because I am more comfortable with C#, so I would prefer to program my mobile service with that if possible.

• Edited by Reubend Saturday, July 26, 2014 7:53 PM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid its not available yet. I've checked with the concerned team and according to them,

there are probably some edge cases that we haven’t investigated yet, which is why it’s not supported yet.

We would be glad to let you know as and when the facility is available and regret the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Malar.

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

I'm running into the same issue, however I did choose JavaScript as the backend.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial, and I'm able to download every sample, including the HTML/JavaScript Quickstart, except for PhoneGap. When I click "Download" for the PhoneGap Quickstart, no download initiates.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:21 PM
  • There's currently a bug in the PhoneGap download button (it should be fixed in the next week or so) - see http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/6da03134-a8a6-4111-a6e1-f48df38f2f23/mobile-services-phonegap-download-button-is-broken?forum=azuremobile for more info. The link also has a temporary workaround which you can do to get the PhoneGap quickstart.

Carlos Figueira

Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Great, thanks Carlos!

Rob

Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:55 PM