none
.NET Framework 3.5 sp1 fails with Note: 1: 1708 & MainEngineThread is returning 1603 & XP sp3 RRS feed

• Question

• I see where Crimsom said he resolved the issue by going to Administrative Tools/Services and restarting IIS.  I looked for this and could not find a service IIS.
    Did I go to wrong place or what?

Dennis
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, July 6, 2009 4:21 AM Do not follow up
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, July 20, 2009 1:56 AM Follow up
    Monday, June 29, 2009 3:45 AM

Answers

• Sorry for not replying sooner.
    I have been working this issue and found dotnetfx_cleanup_tool that did the job of cleaning up the .NET framework issue and the run the .NET framework 3.5 sp1 successfully.

Thank you,
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, July 20, 2009 1:56 AM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennis1948,

Have you ever installed IIS? If no, IIS service is not available on your machine.

Could you please help me to clarify your issue more? Do you mean that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 failed to install on your machine?

If yes, what's the exact error message?

Could you please try to help me to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:32 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:58 AM
  • Hi Dennis1948,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 4:21 AM
  • Sorry for not replying sooner.
    I have been working this issue and found dotnetfx_cleanup_tool that did the job of cleaning up the .NET framework issue and the run the .NET framework 3.5 sp1 successfully.

Thank you,
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, July 20, 2009 1:56 AM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:20 PM