none
EPM right to call CustomFieldsClient (PSI) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Anyone know what's the exact right to grant to a user to be able to make that call ?  I have a web part which use psi to display certain custom fields value (task and resource). As a team manager it works no problem but a GeneralSecruityAccessDenied will be generated if a team member is behind the call.

I tried to compare access rights but I haven't found anything so far.  Anyone had this problem before ? Thank you

Friday, March 25, 2011 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi vfactor,

This error generally comes when you are calling a method from a ressorce which does not have access on that method.

If you can let us know what you want to achieve ultimately then it would be very helpful for us to correctly address your issue.

For reference I am giving you following links kindly have a look on those.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms421300(v=office.12).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa974413%28office.12%29.aspx

Waiting for your detailed response. 

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, March 25, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hi thank you for your reply,

Here's the situation, I created a web part which displays the current user timesheet in a different format. The format is based on a task custom field rather than the task name.

To access to the custom field value, I need the Guid (MD_PROP_UID) of that custom field. I use the psi call SvcCustomFields.CustomFieldsClient.ReadCustomFields(filter, autoCheckOut).  It works fine. The problem is it wouldn't work for a user who is only a simple member, a security as stated above will appear.

I know an admin can define different access right for members through pwa interface, I need to know which right the user should be granted to be able to call that precise method.

I hope it's clear.

Thank you

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:32 PM
  • Hi vfactor,

To access following method (SvcCustomFields.CustomFieldsClient.ReadCustomFields(filter, autoCheckOut)).  you need below permissions.

Permission

Description

LogOnToProjectServerFromProjectProfessional

Allows a user to connect to the Project Server database from Project Professional. Global permission.

ManageEnterpriseCustomFields

Allows a user to modify the definitions of enterprise custom fields and lookup table values. Global permission.

ManageUsersAndGroups

Allows a user to manage Project Server users and groups. Global permission.

NewProject

Allows a user to create a project. Global permission.

ViewResourceCenter

Allows a user to view resource allocation data. Global permission

Kindly have look on below link also.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvccustomfields.customfields_members.aspx

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Monday, March 28, 2011 3:18 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Thank you !
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:47 PM