auto full screen (and back) video in Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to make a Silverlight video player, (exported from Encoder and modified in Blend) play the first section of a video locked to a specific size (full screen disabled) and then at the second section (chapter) play full screen automatically, and then at the next or last section, go back to the smaller size within the player. Any ideas on how to do this? thanks. -Sc

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:25 PM

Answers

• This cannot be done.  Full screen mode can only be initiated by a user action (i.e. a click event).  This is done this way for security reasons (i.e. spoofing).

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:39 PM

All replies

• This cannot be done.  Full screen mode can only be initiated by a user action (i.e. a click event).  This is done this way for security reasons (i.e. spoofing).

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:39 PM
  • thanks for the answer. 

on the same video, if I want the full screen video to be really clear and it's aimed for users with  a 1024 x 768 resolution monitor, should I encode the video at 1024 x 768, so that it's optimal at full screen, and reduced in size in the player?  or will that large of a video cause performance and download problems?

thanks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:52 PM
  • The higher the resolution / bit rate, the larger the file. 

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:00 PM