none
"error_description":"AADSTS500011: The resource principal named <sqlservername>.database.windows.net was not found in the tenant named <tenantid>. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to establish communication between an Azure Linux VM (source) and a Azure SQL Server ( Target) via Managed Identity. I have followed steps in the article

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/managed-identities-azure-resources/tutorial-windows-vm-access-sql

until the step where we do a "InvokeWebRequest" (tried "curl" too) to get the Access Token for the SQL Server. I am getting below error message upon hitting the "curl" command

"error_description":"AADSTS500011: The resource principal named <sqlservername>.database.windows.net was not found in the tenant named <tenantid>. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant

Could anybody please help in resolving this?

Thanks.

Monday, September 14, 2020 7:55 PM