none
EntityDataSource and DbContext support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got used to programming wit EntityDataSource and feel lazy going back to ObjectDataSource and writing an "extra" code with EF 4.1 code first POCOs.

Is there any workaround for my problem, or maybe DbContext support is in the TODO list?

Thank you 

clarity vs precision
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hello again,

AFAIK, EntityDataSource represents an EDM to data-bound controls in an ASP.NET application to retrieve data from an EDM and to display, edit and sort data. So I suggest you can create a new EDM file in your project and try it again.

Best Regards,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting.

Based on you've described, I'm not very sure what's your concern. I suggest you describe your question more detail to help us to analyze your question.

Best Regards,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Hi, 

thanks.

The problem is that I want to Configure EntityDataSource with EF 4.1 and DbContext without having a metadata resource (i.e. I'm using code first approach and have no .edmx file)

Best regards

clarity vs precision
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Hello again,

AFAIK, EntityDataSource represents an EDM to data-bound controls in an ASP.NET application to retrieve data from an EDM and to display, edit and sort data. So I suggest you can create a new EDM file in your project and try it again.

Best Regards,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:45 AM