none
Outlook.com IMAP support RRS feed

• Question

• This question is about Outlook.com. This forum seems to be about the desktop app but it was the most appropriate place I could find to post this.

I've built an email app with full IMAP support. It works with Gmail/Yahoo etc. With my Outlook.com account it functions mostly but there are problems with archive and delete not being handled correctly. Also I am unable to sign in with a Hotmail account. The app allows the user to login by entering their email/password and IMAP settings. It does not support MS OAuth.

My question is this:

Am I unable to login with Hotmail and experiencing problems with Outlook because I'm not using OAuth? Are certain IMAP functions disabled for non-OAuth logins? If not any idea what's going on? They're the only accounts I'm having problems with - even smaller providers like Hostgator are working quite well.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, July 13, 2015 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The forum is for developers. I'd suggest asking non-programming questions on the Microsoft Community forums instead.

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

This is a programming question. As I mentioned I'm the developer of an email application and we're having trouble with supporting outlook.com via IMAP. The question is: are certain IMAP functions restricted to an OAuth login? If not why am I having the issues I described only with Outlook and not with other providers.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:38 AM
  • Anyway, the forum is for Microsoft Office Outlook.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:46 PM
  • I understand that but I can't find a forum specific to outlook.com so this seems like the most appropriate place. If you can recommend another forum I can move the post there.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:25 PM