none
the current argument in intellisense parameter info is not bold in visual studio 2015 professional

Question

• For example:

int sum(int a, int b) { return a + b; }

When I type:

sum(5

Intellisense must show me a box of Parameter Info (if it is enabled, but I know for sure that it is enabled, because Parameter Information in Tools => Options => Text Editor => C/C++ => General => Statement Completion is checked), and it really shows me parameter info, but it also should emphasis the current argument I am typing ('int a' in this example), and when I type comma ',' it should emphasis the next argument ('int b' in this example), but it doesn't emphasis anything. Recently I have done some changes in Tools => Options => Environment => Fonts and Colors to make code look bit larger, but I don't know what I have really done to make current argument not bold in intellisense parameter info. I need your help and assistance. I am using Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

Thanks in advance

Saturday, July 09, 2016 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

>>but it also should emphasis the current argument I am typing ('int a' in this example),

Currently it is not supported by default. It will not emphasis the argument in your scenario even you enable the IntelliSense for the C++.

And for your requirement. I suggest you could submit as a feature request to the Visual Studio development team:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio .

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi forever a loser

Thank you for posting your question here.

Based on my search.  Your issue is related to Visual Studio General Forum. For the better support, I will move the thread to Visual Studio General Forum.

The Visual C++ forum discuss and ask questions about the Visual C++ IDE, libraries, samples, tools, setup, and Windows programming using MFC and ATL.

I hope you can understand me.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

>>but it also should emphasis the current argument I am typing ('int a' in this example),

Currently it is not supported by default. It will not emphasis the argument in your scenario even you enable the IntelliSense for the C++.

And for your requirement. I suggest you could submit as a feature request to the Visual Studio development team:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio .

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 AM