Design like the Music App on Windows 8 Beta RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i want to know how i can design an App Ui like in the music app. If you click there on an album icon, right of it spawns the tracklist of that album. I want to build a similar ui but i dont know how. Tried it with the gridview without succeed.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

a good tool for the creation of a well looking UI is Expression Blend which ships with the Beta of Visual Studio 2011.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Hi, maybe i expressed myself a littebit doubtfull. I want so build this kind of style like in the music app. At the moment i have a gridview bis some rectangles inside of it. What i want is that, if i click on a rectangle that another menu spawns right of the clicked rectangle(a similiar behaviour to the music app where a song lists spawns if you click on an album). I cant realize this with the gridview because every object has the same size like the first one i addet to the gridview. Hope someone has a solution for that.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:40 PM
  • This is quite tricky to do just with the GridView. What you need to do is to listen to the ItemClicked or SelectionChanged event on the GridView and then bring the Popup that lists all the tracks. You can use a simple list box inside the popup to get this behavior.

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:25 PM
  • do you have any code examples for that? my problem is still that i every object in the gridview got wrapped automaticly to the size of the first inputted object.
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Could probably also use a DataTemplateSelector and an Item with a custom style. This was you can get the cool reposition animation.
    Saturday, April 7, 2012 4:11 PM