none
Problem installing .Net framework 1.1 with sevice pack RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I'm a total novice, and need help please!!

I need to install version 1.1 with service to run this program for a computer game. I already have version 2.0 which was pre installed onto my computer. After downloading and clicking "run" I get the following message from Windows Installer:

the upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct update patch.

I then was going to uninstall version 2.0 as I found it in the add/remove progs. As I was about to do it, I get a warning message that removing this may cause SERIOUS harm to my computer! So, I cancelled the uninstall, as that scared me!! I don't know anything about this!! What can I do ?

Thanks,

Paul

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 10:58 PM

Answers

• By reading some earlier posts, I managed to solve my problem!!! All I had to do was to install 1.1 first, then 1.1 with service pack!! So simple, yet had me tearing my hair out almost! lol!!

I know where to come if I have any more problem. Very good forum!

Paul

Thursday, February 8, 2007 12:11 AM