none
Support for wi-fi on Intel Galileo RRS feed

• General discussion

• I read that you have no plans to support Windows 10 IoT on the Intel Galileo. As a hobbyist who bought a Galileo gen 2 at the end of last year specifically to experiment with Windows, it's a little disappointing given how recently you released the Windows 8.1-based builds on Galileo. Given that it's x86 and runs a variant of Windows 8.1, I'm surprised that you're not supporting it for Windows 10.

The big hole in what we have on the Galileo at the moment is lack of Wi-Fi support. It makes it very hard to use the Galileo for projects which move or where there's no wired connection.

I don't suppose there's any chance you'll support a single wi-fi card for the Galileo is there? I think with some hacking around, it's possible to get a driver into the system but some authoritative instructions would be helpful. :-)

Thanks.

Sunday, May 3, 2015 6:02 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your feedback, but unfortunately at the moment I believe any updates for Galileo is unlikely.  I had posted a topic discussing this here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1130edb8-f1be-4135-8805-6d9347e31602/windows-10-iot-core-on-the-intel-galileo?forum=WindowsIoT

Jonathan Tanner | Microsoft | Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Support | This posting is provided 'as is' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:01 AM