none
References showing multiple times in Reference Manager

Question

• Is there any way to remove the multiple references from Reference Manager in VS 2015 Community?  Please see below the multiple MySql references which are repeated several times.  Thanks.

• Edited by TapNamron Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:56 AM Need to remove my actual name
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:52 AM

Answers

• Thanks for replying.  I finally figured this out.  Hovering over each name shows a tooltip\infotip which includes the file path.  That path is different for each name.  So, I'm thinking if I remove those files maybe I won't have them showing multiple times.  But for now, that I know the cause, I'm just going to leave them.

Thanks again....

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi TapNamron,

I checked my Visual Studio 2015 Community and find the same problem in my side. I think this problem related to the Visual Studio amount. If I installed two version of Visual Studio on my computer, it will repeat two times. If I installed three version of Visual Studio, it will repeat three times.

If you want to remove the repeat reference, I'm afraid that you need to uninstall one of the Visual Studios. And I think it is a problem with Visual Studio Community 2015, I suggest you post this issue to Visual Studio Connect and then please share the link here. I will vote your feedback. Thanks for your feedback for the VS products.

https://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, January 29, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Thanks for replying.  I finally figured this out.  Hovering over each name shows a tooltip\infotip which includes the file path.  That path is different for each name.  So, I'm thinking if I remove those files maybe I won't have them showing multiple times.  But for now, that I know the cause, I'm just going to leave them.

Thanks again....

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Hi TapNamron,

I'm glad that you have figured this out. Please mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any questions in future, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:49 AM