Get windows users list in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am developing a metro app in windows 8 using Visual studio 2012 and c#. I need to get the list of windows users. I can't add reference to system.management to use NetUserEnum to get user list. How can i get the list and how can i add reference to system.management?

Thanks

Manigandasuresh

Monday, September 2, 2013 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Manigandasuresh,

-> How can I get the list of windows users?

Windows 8 runtime engine executes Store apps in a special protected container. This sandboxed environment prevents direct communications between Store apps and the system and ensures that other apps will not affect your application’s data or behaviour, for this reason I don't think you will be able to get any user list by your store app.

-> How to add reference to System.Management?

I think System.Management is a .NET framework 4.5 stuff, Windows Store app is a quite special version of .NET, some document could be read for more information.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:55 AM