none
Excel 2016 erroneously records my macros RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, please help. I am new in VBA macro excel. I am using Excel 2016. I am practicing how to record a macro.
    My problem is when I use the macro recorder, it doesn't work and records wrongly.
    For example, even if I just record to type Test in cell A1, it does it wrongly. 
    It inserts wrong codes, as shown below:

Sub Macro1()
    ' Macro1 Macro
    ' Type Test in cell A1
    ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+A
    '
        .Rotation = "Test"
    End Sub

I get this ".Rotation" 

Sometimes, in other instances, I get "Delete" codes when I didn't delete any cells.

Please HELP.
    Bob

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi baybobjr,

It sounds strange.
    I started the macro recorder, input "Test1" in cell A1, and stop recorder.
    In Module1, I see the below code.  (I am using Excel 2016, 32-bit)
    Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    '

'
        ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Test"
        Range("A2").Select
    End Sub
    If your Excel does not work fine, please repair it.
    Refer to the following articel:
    Repair an Office application
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:33 AM
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Excel clients. Since your query is related to recording macros in Excel, I'll move your thread to the following dedicated MSDN forum for Excel:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:23 AM
  • Hi Bob,

How is your issue?
    If it still remains, provide your Excel version and build and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:46 AM
  • Hi baybobjr,

make sure that you are not opening multiple Workbooks at the same time.

it is possible that when you record macro some other workbook get activated and some other thing get recorded in the macro from that Workbook can cause this issue.

also try to check that the workbook does not contain any kind of VBA code.

like which get executed on changing the value of the cell or any other event.

which may affect the record macro Output.

also check there is no any AutoExec macro is there.

further you can try to check how many Excel instances are open currently using Task Manager.

so you can see if any other Workbook get opened but it is not visible and executing some code or get activated when you record macro.

I suggest you to close all the instances of Excel first.

then try to open a new workbook and try to record the macro in that.

let us know about the testing result.

so we can try to provide further suggestions , if needed.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hi baybobjr,

is your issue solved?

I find that you did not done any follow up after creating this thread.

if your issue is solved then try to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then try to refer the suggestion given by the community members.

if then you have any further questions then let us know about that.

we will try to provide you further suggestions to solve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 17, 2017 5:42 AM