none
Works With Tool wants Executable, but ASP.NET application has none RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm self-testing the ASP.NET component of my product for the "Works with Windows Server 2008 R2" program using the "Works with Tool".  Arriving at the "Select Executables" step in the process, I'm not sure how to proceed.  My ASP.NET application is completely installed and functional, but WWT wants me to select the "executable" that's been installed.  It gives me one choice, which is located under c:\windows\installer and named as an underscore followed by a string of 22 hex characters.  It would seem that this EXE is not my ASP.NET application's "main executable" but rather some artifact of the Microsoft Installer.

Several questions come to mind here:

Am I on the right track? 
    Is an ASP.NET application actually testable with WWT? 
    Should I tell WWT the EXE it found is the right one? 
    Is this a waiver scenario?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

BillVo
    • Edited by BillVo Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:40 AM title edit
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:32 AM

Answers

• Apparently any executable offered by WWT when testing ASP.NET apps can be selected.  The Works With SQL Server Tool is better in that lets you browse to the relevant executable.

• Marked as answer by BillVo Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:25 PM

All replies

• I'm blocked on this question as well. Which executable should I specify for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application installed on Windows Server 2008 R2?

If it's relevant: My ASP.NET application runs in a 32-bit App Pool.
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:04 PM
  • Apparently any executable offered by WWT when testing ASP.NET apps can be selected.  The Works With SQL Server Tool is better in that lets you browse to the relevant executable.

• Marked as answer by BillVo Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:25 PM