wcf design question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1662538993 posted

Hi,

I am try to create architecture design for WCF service.

We have WCF service that we have to expose to third party so then can request with xml and get back xml response.

The wcf service should do the following:

- Accept the request call with xml

- Check xml against the schema

- Parse the xml

- Authenticate the incoming xml by username and password that will be in xml

- Send back the response 

If anybody can let me know what kind of design I can use or is there any pattern available that I can take it and then extend it as per my requirement.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:44 PM

Answers

• User-114806852 posted

Just to tack on to the previous post you can also use basicHttpBinding, if you need to interact with non .net systems. I would; however, suggest visiting the following link, which should provide you with answers to many of the questions you might have or at least provide you with a great resource to get them answered.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:08 PM

All replies

• User-952121411 posted

Well if it is a 3rd party client and the WCF service hosted needs to be platform agnostic then you can implement a webHTTPBinding to create a RESTful service. If it is soley in .NET than you can use which ever binding you wish and allow to to consume the service to make calls directly.

The Sytem.XML namespace in conjunction with LINQ to XML will provide you all of the coding needs you laid out in your post.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:30 PM
  • User-114806852 posted

Just to tack on to the previous post you can also use basicHttpBinding, if you need to interact with non .net systems. I would; however, suggest visiting the following link, which should provide you with answers to many of the questions you might have or at least provide you with a great resource to get them answered.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:08 PM