none
Is my MSDN product key Subscription products worth any money? - No RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm not sure if there is anyone that can help me here but here goes:

I have a load of software left over from when my business closed down, in particular to:
    MSDN Subscriptions software products on up to 10 PC's, the software is dated 2005 and lists the following Microsoft Packages:

• Commerce Server 2002 Development Edition
    • eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0
    • eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0
    • SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
    • Office Access 2003 Dev Ext's
    • Virtual PC for Mac Version 7
    • Visual FoxPro 7.0
    • Visual FoxPro 9.0
    • Visual SourceSafe 6.0d
    • Visual Studio .NET
    • Windows 2000 Professional
    • Windows 2000 Server (all versions)Office Project Server 2003
    • Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003

I am unsure of what to do with this software and unable to get any answers, is this software of any use to developers? and if so, is there somewhere where i can sell this package online?

I also have the CD and key for NetAdvantage 2005 Vol 3 which cost $500, is that worth anything now?

Appreciate your help.

• Edited by Brynley Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:47 PM edited
    • Edited by Mike KinsmanModerator Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:11 PM keys cannot be resold
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:44 PM

Answers

• You cannot sell products from your MSDN Subscription individually.  Doing so would violate the EULA and Microsoft might consider that behavior piracy.  You'll need to check your eula, but some MSDN Subscribers can resell the *entire* subscription.  If this is something you're interested in, look in your EULA for a section titled "Transfer to a third party." 

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support <br/> Read the Subscriptions <a href="http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnsubscriptions">Blog! </a>

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:10 PM

All replies

• Dear Brynley,

The above softwares are outdated, though there are people who test the above products for whatever reasons. As for re-selling you are not allowed to do so, contact the MSDN subscription help center they would be in a better position to assist you with.

Regards,
    CosmiComputers

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:11 AM
  • You cannot sell products from your MSDN Subscription individually.  Doing so would violate the EULA and Microsoft might consider that behavior piracy.  You'll need to check your eula, but some MSDN Subscribers can resell the *entire* subscription.  If this is something you're interested in, look in your EULA for a section titled "Transfer to a third party." 

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support <br/> Read the Subscriptions <a href="http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnsubscriptions">Blog! </a>

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:10 PM