none
EWS renamed calendar folder does not change in Office 365 shortcut bar RRS feed

• Question

• I have code that successfully is able to rename Office 365 folders through EWS API by changing the "DisplayName property and updating the folder (using folder.update).  Once the folder is renamed it is available though the  EWS API as the new name.  Unfortunately, when the folder appears in the Office 365 interface it still has the old name.  This calendar folder is under the main "Calendars" folder and not under "Other "Calendars"

If the folder name is changed manually through the Office 365 interface, the DisplayName property for the folder in the EWS API is changed to the new name.  It is almost like the Office 365 interface is reading the folder name from another location, but writing the DisplayName to multiple locations.  

Also, if I Create a folder name in the EWS API, it shows up properly in O365.

Anyone have any ideas ???

Thanks

Bill

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:49 PM

All replies

• Outlook and OWA should manage updating the WunderBar shortcuts https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee157359(v=exchg.80).aspx which is what its reading but it won't be immediate (because of the way things are cached), what you could do is write a process to find the associated WunderBar item which will be a FAI item in the commonviews Non-IPM-Subtree folder and then update the name of the shortcut. I can reproduce the issue you having in OWA but not in Outlook which has its own processes to rebuild the wunderbar when you logon.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:35 AM
  • Glen:

Thanks for the quick response.

With what I've learned from your numerous (really good) posts, I could probably figure that out.

If this is strictly a caching issue, I can wait as long as it takes to refresh.  Will wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Will keep you updated

Thanks

Bill 

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:50 PM