Page Faults RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm view in my company server a .NET program with more than 1.089.457.000 page faults. The program run since 30 hours.

I must worry?

Regards.
    Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:08 PM

Answers

• 150 MB of virtual memory would explain the page trashing.  The program is leaking memory like a sieve.  Impossible to tell why with the information given, drag the original programmer back to have him/her solve this problem.
    Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:54 AM

All replies

• 10,000 page faults per second for 30 hours?  Go ahead and worry.  The program must be page thrashing badly, keep an eye on memory consumption and page file usage.
    Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:10 PM
  • Memory consumption is anormal too, 100 Mb aproximatly, and 150Mb of virtual memory.

This code is write by another progamer, i can't view the code now. I know that he uses a lot DataSet, the program uses server sockets, client sockets, SQLOracleClient. I shutdown and restart the app, and now the memory consumption is more normal, but with few hours more will be anormal again. 

What could be the cause? what could cause this horrible amount of page faults?

Regards. 

Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:20 PM
  • 150 MB of virtual memory would explain the page trashing.  The program is leaking memory like a sieve.  Impossible to tell why with the information given, drag the original programmer back to have him/her solve this problem.
    Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:54 AM