none
Azure Disk Encryption performance hit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. 

I am in need of finding some documentation about the performance hit when you enable Azure Disk Encryption.

I would like to know some real-life examples. I have googled about this and I found you would get a 3% overhead with ADE on. However, I am wondering if there could be some real-word scenarios with examples.

I have opened a ticket with MS but they seem to not have any idea of this, they have shared some documentation but this is so general (also, easy to find with a simple google search.)

If someone has come across this data and would like to share, I will really appreciate it!

J55.

Monday, September 30, 2019 7:46 PM

All replies

• I have not experienced any noticeable performance drop after applying ADE or ADEv2.

Thanks,

Rohan Islam | Azure Architect

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:01 AM
  • For better understanding can you elaborate what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

What is the performance you're measuring? Is it the install of the extension? Or the overall VM performance after enabling ADE?

Can you also share the MS ticket number?

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the previously asked information to understand/investigate this issue further.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:45 AM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the previously asked information to understand/investigate this issue further.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:34 AM