Archieve every message Sent and recieved - Custom PP biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use a custom pipeline component for every message I receive and every message I am sending out.

I know I can achieve this by setting up filter on SP, but I don't want to always keep creating SP.

I am pretty sure the code needs to be execute stage ? rather than decode or validate.

Can anyone please share the code for Archieving on send and receive side

MBH

• Edited by JaguarsJag Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:46 PM Info
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:46 PM

Answers

• Testers is one thing, they have a legitimate need to source and result data, but that should be handled as part of the test process.

Users, well, often say they want this, but when the get it, never use it, or worse, still expect you to get it for them.  The better solution is to provide meaningful exception information and context.

Users really shouldn't have to raise their own cases.  Legit cases of the app not processing messages should raise it's own exception somewhere.

Archiving is fine for regulatory or other compliance requirements.

Try Tracking first, it's free and works.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:23 PM

All replies

• Please check -

https://biztalkarchiving.codeplex.com/

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11679.biztalk-list-of-custom-pipeline-components.aspx

(plenty archiving components listed here)

Thanks

Arindam

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:07 PM
  • From experience, the first thing you should do is double, then triple check this requirement with the business.

Helpful or not, I have seen more instances where 'archive everything' has caused more problems than it solves.

BizTalk already has robust Message Tracking that almost always meets the actual need.

Why exactly are you trying to do this?  Just trying to help you avoid the likely adverse consequences.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:48 PM
  • Absolutely John, thanks.

I want the users or testers to first go look at the received file, so that they don't always come and bug technical people saying BizTalk did not process the message instead me going and tracking , looking into it...they can go see the Archieved message pull up lookinto the issue or do the same on send side. And I believe having a back up file for sent and receive will always be handy

MBH

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Testers is one thing, they have a legitimate need to source and result data, but that should be handled as part of the test process.

Users, well, often say they want this, but when the get it, never use it, or worse, still expect you to get it for them.  The better solution is to provide meaningful exception information and context.

Users really shouldn't have to raise their own cases.  Legit cases of the app not processing messages should raise it's own exception somewhere.

Archiving is fine for regulatory or other compliance requirements.

Try Tracking first, it's free and works.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:23 PM