none
Error configuring ESB Toolkit 2.0 - Member's SID could not be resolved RRS feed

• Question

• While running the esb configuration  tool – C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0\Bin\ESBConfigurationTool.exe we are getting the following error-

"An error (1332) occurred while enumerating the group membership. The member's SID could not be resolved".

We have tried this with domain accounts and a local account.  We have added this account to the administrator and all BizTalk and SSO groups still the error is not resolved.

On the Microsoft forums, we’ve seen this error posted when OS of BT server is  XP and when the domain server is 2003 but in our case the BT server itself is windows server 2003 R2 SP2.

We have also added an entry in the host file for the domain name and DNS serverIP but that didn’t help either.  It would be great if we can understand the cause of above specified error, below is the stack trace of the error-

ESBConfigurationTool.exe Error: 0 : An error has occurred:

An error (1332) occurred while enumerating the group membership.  The member's SID could not be resolved.

Stack Trace:

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.IsLocalMember(Byte[] sid)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.MoveNextLocal()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.MoveNext()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollectionEnumerator.MoveNext()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollection.ContainsEnumTest(Principal principal)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollection.Contains(Principal principal)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Principal.IsMemberOf(GroupPrincipal group)

at EsbConfigurationTool.Panels.PanelBase.IsUserMemberOf(PrincipalContext context, String username, String groupName)

at EsbConfigurationTool.Panels.PanelBase.ValidateCredential(NetworkCredential credentials, String groupName)

Monday, April 19, 2010 11:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

A security identifier (SID) is a unique value of variable length that is used to identify a security principal or security group in Windows operating systems.

Make sure that you have the right permissions to run this tool.

Cheers

Bali

MCTS: BizTalk Server

----------------------------------------------------------

Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:59 PM
  • But what all permissions I need...I have given the admin rights...All Biztalk group rights...

What else rights???????

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:23 PM
  • This seems like a UAC error. have you tried right-click run as... Administrator?

MCT, MCSD.NET, BizTalk TS
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:38 PM
  • Yes, I tried with a user that had exactly same right as Administrator, still that did not work.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:09 AM
  • Actually try the running as...Admin command, not just a user with Admin rights...
    MCT, MCSD.NET, BizTalk TS
    Friday, April 30, 2010 8:48 PM
  • All..

I too have the same issue and with no resolutions.. But in my case, I had my ESB configured in the first instance and then, I started getting nothing on the portal or BAM. The BAM Portal got resolved once I reconfigured in BizTalk configuration wizard. I thought, I can apply the same principle to ESB Portal and unconfigured it. While re-configuring, I am getting this error.

REgards

Praveen.

Praveen Behara
    MCST : BizTalk Server 2006 R2
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hi Dipti,

Just check if you have users added to your groups who have a "? mark" in front of them.
    These are unresolved users and Windows has its own "fussy" way of raising it.

Praveen Behara
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.I have also checked for unresolved user.I do not have any.Please let me know, if anyone was able to resolve this.

I tried configuring ESB toolkit on another machine as an administrator, but still getting the same error: "1332: The member's SID could not be resolved"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:35 AM
  • I think the error code number is not significant. Here is a thread about the same error message: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/453812/principaloperationexception-when-enumerating-the-collection-groupprincipal-members. Basically it occurs when some member of the security group no longer exists. The resolution was to remove old group memberships for accounts that did not exist any more.

The problem occurs because when a group is specified in the configuration the ESB tries to resolve the SID so that it can assign permissions. A SID is a unique descriptor for each user that enables permissions to be uniquely assigned. When the SID no longer actually exists in AD it fails.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, July 23, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Hi Anjali,

did u get around this?? I second Ben's idea.. it is not users you have to check, it is inside each of the groups. In fact, I faced this issue once when I deliberately deleted some s-xxx-xxx users, since I thought they were junk and wanted my machine to be free of junk :D

Regards

Praveen.

Praveen Behara
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Hello All,

I am currently facing the same issue. This is fresh installation of ESB 2.1

I was able to configure the ESB Exception DB, however while configuring the ESB Exception service i get below error. I am the administrator on the box and all the groups. Any quick help is appreciated

ESBConfigurationTool.exe Error: 0 : An error has occurred: 

An error (1332) occurred while enumerating the group membership.  The member's SID could not be resolved.

Stack Trace:

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.IsLocalMember(Byte[] sid)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.MoveNextLocal()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.SAMMembersSet.MoveNext()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollectionEnumerator.MoveNext()

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollection.ContainsEnumTest(Principal principal)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalCollection.Contains(Principal principal)

at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Principal.IsMemberOf(GroupPrincipal group)

at EsbConfigurationTool.Panels.PanelBase.IsUserMemberOf(PrincipalContext context, String username, String groupName)

at EsbConfigurationTool.Panels.PanelBase.ValidateCredential(NetworkCredential credentials, String groupName)

KAV
    • Proposed as answer by KAV Zone Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:18 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by KAV Zone Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:18 PM
    • Proposed as answer by KAV Zone Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Got this resolved by deleting all the users having "?<some guid id>" from windows groups. Restarted the machine and successfully configured it.
    Thank you!
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Thanks KAV Zone, your input worked for me, i deleted those guid users from "BizTalk Isolated Host users" group and was able to configure exception web services
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:02 PM