Alt + Left Key crashes app

Question

• When I press Alt + Left Key the application crashes, with the following message:

"Exception was thrown but not handled in user code at line 2345, column 21 in ms-appx://microsoft.winjs.1.0.rc/js/base.js

0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified."

Can anyone give me any directions? 

Alex Nosse

Friday, August 17, 2012 11:42 PM

Answers

• Sorry for late response. 

So, it happens just in my application. As I didn't find any solution, I created another project and copy+paste all my code there, and now it's working fine. 
    I suppose there's something related to navigator, once this first project I created in a previous version of Windows 8 (0.6, I guess) and then migrate it to RC...

Thanks for the response, anyway...

Alex Nosse

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you mean every metro app in your computer will crash after press Alt + Left Key ?

Or just your application?

So if only for your own application, did you add any short key for this?

Monday, August 20, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Sorry for late response. 

So, it happens just in my application. As I didn't find any solution, I created another project and copy+paste all my code there, and now it's working fine. 
    I suppose there's something related to navigator, once this first project I created in a previous version of Windows 8 (0.6, I guess) and then migrate it to RC...

Thanks for the response, anyway...

Alex Nosse

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:24 PM
  • I get the same response when I left click on a link to go to another page. I get: 0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified.

This is from a tutorial for Windows Apps (HelloWorldWithPages) using 2 pages. I don't know why I get this message. I've even used Microsoft's code and it still doesn't work.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:58 PM