none
External Content Type, Profile Page and Association RRS feed

• Question

• I created several external content types whose data sources are SQL tables. I have a primary table along with several child tables. I created as association operation along with read list and read item operations for ECTs that are pointing to child tables.

My problem is I do not see association data when I browse to the profile page of main ECT (primary table). I have a different environment where when I browse to the profile page of main ECT, all the association data is displayed. What am I missing? Any pointers?

Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:21 AM

Answers

• Is it possible to delete and re-create profile pages? I wonder if I created association operation after I provisioned profile pages.

I do not want to delete ECTs because there are lot of them and it is a tedious process to redo them all.

update: created profile page again from SP Designer and all is well now.
    • Marked as answer by diffident Monday, May 8, 2017 10:06 PM
    • Edited by diffident Monday, May 8, 2017 10:06 PM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to create the associations between the external content types.

Please refer to the link below to create the association between the external content types(same for SharePoint 2013):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee558417.aspx

More reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn135194.aspx

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 4, 2017 10:58 AM
  • I did mention in my original post that I created association operation for all ECTs.

What might I be missing?

Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

If the association between the external content types has been created successfully, then it should be fine.

Could you please re-create the external content types and its association to see what happens?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 8, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Is it possible to delete and re-create profile pages? I wonder if I created association operation after I provisioned profile pages.

I do not want to delete ECTs because there are lot of them and it is a tedious process to redo them all.

update: created profile page again from SP Designer and all is well now.
    • Marked as answer by diffident Monday, May 8, 2017 10:06 PM
    • Edited by diffident Monday, May 8, 2017 10:06 PM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:35 PM