Will I be able to share data among local users? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I still did not have the opportunity to use SQL Server Compact Edition. I will be probably using it in my desktop application where I need a simple data repository. My concern is that this data must be shared and common to every local users on the PC... So I would like to know if every local user will have its own database file (SDF) or if it will be unique and shared by every user?

Kindly Regards,

Igor
    Project Manager at INOVATIVA Tecnologia www.inovativatec.com
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:26 PM

All replies

• Igor,

Local users on the same PC can share a SqlCe database. If you prefer, they can have separate ones of course. Just put it in the local user data place.

--

Ginny Caughey
    Device Application Development MVP

"Igor Kondrasovas" wrote in message news:46f66b93-5f91-46b 8-a376-245ba99a6472...
    Hello,

I still did not have the opportunity to use SQL Server Compact Edition. I will be probably using it in my desktop application where I need a simple data repository. My concern is that this data must be shared and common to every local users on the PC... So I would like to know if every local user will have its own database file (SDF) or if it will be unique and shared by every user?

Kindly Regards,

Igor
    Project Manager at INOVATIVA Tecnologia www.inovativatec.com
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:13 PM