none
Using MSMQ in a public queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I am new in the MSMQ-World and just have implemented somme little MSMQ-Examples. But up to now it is just working in the private Queue. My next step is to use it in my private LAN and in future via the internet. Because of working on a private PC I do not have a Domain. Now I wonder, if there is any posibility to communicate in my private Network using MSMQ-Services without having a Domain?

I wasn't able to find a solution, so I hope you can help me? Just to test a public Queue I installed the MSMQ-Serveron a WindowsServer 2008 R2 Enterprise maschine at work (the PC is in a domain). Now I am able to create and read from a public queue locally. But I am not able to communicate with the Queue from another Computer. Do I have to do some additional configuration? Does our IT-Service has to activate some Features in the Domain?

I hope I was able to give a good description of my problem - and sorry for my bad english!
    Thank you for every reply & best regards

Max

Friday, February 1, 2013 8:28 AM

All replies

• Private queues can be accessed remotely without a domain, since they are by nature not integrated with domains/AD.  You just need to ensure the server the queue is hosted on has its firewall and permissions configured correctly.

For your public queue access issues, you will need to do the same that I mentioned above.  Check that your firewall on the server is not blocking network traffic to the queue.  Then check that the permissions are set correctly to allow appropriate access to the queue by the user/group you are authenticating with.

Here is an article with some public/private queue information as well for you to read:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc776346(v=ws.10).aspx

Here is an article with information on Message Queueing and Active Directory:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736601(v=ws.10).aspx
    • Edited by BotHead Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:36 PM