Visual Studio Light Switch Question RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any forum for Light Switch. If not then can anyone answer me the below question:

I am already using Light Switch. When i am trying to deploy it is asking license information. If i buy a Enterprice license key then how many programs i can deploy with that same license?

I am sorry for the noob question but i can not find anything details about Light Switch licensing.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question then mark as answer.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:49 PM

Answers

• LightSwitch is of a similar licensing to Visual Studio, they allow you to make & distribute infinitely but are limited to usage time by the period of time which you purchase the subscription, after that period it will no longer function making it so you can no longer update any programs or make new ones till you renew the subscription...

As for how many computers the license is good for, for the program itself, I don't know, but it sounded like you meant making programs with it & deploying them, which is infinite as long as your subscription hasn't expired.

Hope this helps...

As for the forums for LightSwitch - General Questions specifically....is http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/lightswitch/

EDIT:You do need to read up on other services though that you may use with LightSwitch & such & it itself in the correct forum, some things are somewhat limited, not really by number of programs but sizes & everything else & some stuff like web cloud hosting, etc..may cost extra & extra per amount of bandwidth/space, etc....that is used...

---If it's only the LightSwitch environment & the deployment wizard however you should be fine....but you need to read up on things you don't know about to make sure it will work for you before wasting the money, time, and resources...to using such product(s).

Another EDIT:This is the page listing all current available LightSwitch Forums...there are 2, general/extensibility...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/vslightswitch

Anyways...you can also try it free for 90 days if you go to the download page, this will allow you to make a decision about it...you should still also be able to use stuff like the deployment wizard, etc... during this trial period as well....it should be fully functional for these 90 days....
    • Edited by Maya Key Monday, January 23, 2012 3:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shaoun1000 Monday, January 23, 2012 7:50 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:04 PM

All replies

• LightSwitch is of a similar licensing to Visual Studio, they allow you to make & distribute infinitely but are limited to usage time by the period of time which you purchase the subscription, after that period it will no longer function making it so you can no longer update any programs or make new ones till you renew the subscription...

As for how many computers the license is good for, for the program itself, I don't know, but it sounded like you meant making programs with it & deploying them, which is infinite as long as your subscription hasn't expired.

Hope this helps...

As for the forums for LightSwitch - General Questions specifically....is http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/lightswitch/

EDIT:You do need to read up on other services though that you may use with LightSwitch & such & it itself in the correct forum, some things are somewhat limited, not really by number of programs but sizes & everything else & some stuff like web cloud hosting, etc..may cost extra & extra per amount of bandwidth/space, etc....that is used...

---If it's only the LightSwitch environment & the deployment wizard however you should be fine....but you need to read up on things you don't know about to make sure it will work for you before wasting the money, time, and resources...to using such product(s).

Another EDIT:This is the page listing all current available LightSwitch Forums...there are 2, general/extensibility...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/vslightswitch

Anyways...you can also try it free for 90 days if you go to the download page, this will allow you to make a decision about it...you should still also be able to use stuff like the deployment wizard, etc... during this trial period as well....it should be fully functional for these 90 days....
    • Edited by Maya Key Monday, January 23, 2012 3:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shaoun1000 Monday, January 23, 2012 7:50 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Thanks Michael.
    If my post answers your question then mark as answer.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:50 PM