none
New bing maps RRS feed

• Question

• So ever since they got rid of classic and been forced to new it's been full of errors. Not recognizing streets it used to, changing the names of the street I type in radically such as change the whether it's a street or or as well as name and then when it can't find that street in the town because the one it made up doesn't exist it then gives me a new city and sometimes a whole new country/continent routing me to drive across oceans <.<., randomly after already having a route will all of a sudden say "We couldn't find any routes between these places." usually when I try to change orders forcing me to have to restart from scratch, and just general slow/lagginess.

So is there a way to go back to classic or make the new and "improved" version work ya know at least as good as the old?

• Edited by Dasva Friday, December 30, 2016 6:14 PM Added more about errors
    Friday, December 30, 2016 6:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you provide example locations? The new site uses a new geocoder which is significantly better than the old one.

Note that these forums are for the Bing maps developer API's and not the Bing Maps consumer site. For Microsoft consume products, please use the Microsoft answer forums: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps?auth=1

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, December 30, 2016 8:36 PM
  • ah I just was directed here from search so didn't realize.

Well it gets confused between basically anything that spells out 1st, 2nd etc and often goes to different sides of the country. The other day it kept changing Skyranch road Petaluma, ca to Sonoma mountain road. Can't remember the exact address but was some numbered street and it went to some weird address in Germany

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:25 PM
  • I have the same problem.

After some search, I've found a turnaround, using this site: http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/#
    that is intended to show the imagery date used in bing maps, but you can set the "analysis lyr opacity" to 0 and you got the old bing maps!

Hope it can help...

Regards,

Candido Rodrigues

Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:19 PM