none
How to point to the right .net framework version in VS development environment? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've few projects/solutions developed with 2.0 .Net, and I am going to develop a new one using 3.5 .Net.

Is it possible to do it on the same Dev box/machine ? e.g. open multiple VS IDE instance, etc.

If so, where can I set up the pointers so the project/solution can be complied correctly? I did look into the solution/project  properties, but couldn't find it though...

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 1:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Wood,

In visual studio 2008, select a project node in Solution Explorer, and then, on the Project menu, click Properties. When the Project Designer appears, click the Application tab.

Check out the  Target Framework which specifies the .NET Framework version that the application targets. This option can have the following values:

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 3.0

.NET Framework 3.5

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Wood,

If you want to develop .net framework 3.5 applications, you have to use Visual Studio 2008.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:04 AM
  • I've solution developed in earlier version of VS and in .Net 2.0.

How can I set the .Net versioning in the solution to point to specfic .net version I want to build in VS 2008?

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:23 AM
  • Hi Wood,

In visual studio 2008, select a project node in Solution Explorer, and then, on the Project menu, click Properties. When the Project Designer appears, click the Application tab.

Check out the  Target Framework which specifies the .NET Framework version that the application targets. This option can have the following values:

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 3.0

.NET Framework 3.5

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:27 AM