none
UMDF platform changed from Desktop to Universal question, (umdf \ 2.0 \ wudfwdm.h (54): error MIDL2025: syntax error: expecting) near "> =") RRS feed

• Question

• Dear advanced:

I encountered the problem of converting Universal platform,

1. The original UMDF in Target Platform is Desktop Version: 1.11
                      2. Convert Universal Target Platform, versikon: 2.0
                      3.Program useful IDL related files, I do not know whether it will affect
             Build result

//===================================================================================

>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\wdf\umdf\2.0\wudfwdm.h(54): error MIDL2025: syntax error : expecting ) near ">="
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\wdf\umdf\2.0\wudfwdm.h(54): error MIDL2025: syntax error : expecting ; or , near "LONG"
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\wdf\umdf\2.0\wudfwdm.h(147): error MIDL2025: syntax error : expecting ; or , near "*"
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\wdf\umdf\2.0\wudfwdm.h(148): error MIDL2025: syntax error : expecting ; or , near "char"

//===================================================================================

Will the advanced have any good advice to assist, thank you

qh_ovo_hp

• Edited by qh_ovo_hp Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:58 AM
    • Moved by Baron Bi Monday, December 11, 2017 2:52 AM More related to driver development
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:03 AM

Answers

• UMDF 2 is a completely different api/calling style compared to 1.0. 1.x is a COM style spike, 2.x is a flat C Api style (what Kmdf uses). You can’t drop in convert from 1.x to 2.x. You will need to convert most of the code by hand. You are probably better off starting with a umdf 2 universal project, copying the code in file by file and convert as you go. Here is some conversion guidance https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/wdf/porting-a-driver-from-umdf-1-to-umdf-2

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 11, 2017 3:17 PM

All replies

• hi advanced :

I am going to UMDF1.11 turn UMDF2.0 IDL support problems encountered, included in the Windows kits include files

(Windows Kits \ 10 \ Include \ wdf \ umdf) 1.11 and 2.0 are different, and in 2.0 (the above version) within

Lack of wudfddi.idl wudfddi.h file.

I ask: UMDF2.0 support IDL it?

If yes, wudfddi.idl is to use that file to replace it?

Is there any other way for UMDF to use IDL without support?

thank

qh_ovo_hp

• Merged by Baron Bi Friday, December 8, 2017 5:56 AM duplicated case
    Friday, December 8, 2017 3:29 AM
  • Hi qh_ovo_hp,

thanks for posting here.

Do you mean the User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) components?

This forum is about c++ code issues. If you're dealing with driver development, I will move your case to Windows driver development forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 5:52 AM
  • hi Moderator:

Thank you help
    And I'm sorry for causing you problems

qh_ovo_hp

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:17 AM
  • UMDF 2 is a completely different api/calling style compared to 1.0. 1.x is a COM style spike, 2.x is a flat C Api style (what Kmdf uses). You can’t drop in convert from 1.x to 2.x. You will need to convert most of the code by hand. You are probably better off starting with a umdf 2 universal project, copying the code in file by file and convert as you go. Here is some conversion guidance https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/wdf/porting-a-driver-from-umdf-1-to-umdf-2

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 11, 2017 3:17 PM
  • hi Doron Holan:

Thank you very much for your reply,

I'll study to see

qh_ovo_hp

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:27 AM