none
Query data in sheet "Data" and loop through results to return to user form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a excel app I'm trying to create with a user form and the data in the separate spreadsheets. 

I have a data tab that has year, username and project.  Now when my form loads I want to be able to query the data tab on username and date.  That way I can see if the user has saved data and if they do to display it to them for that date.

I'm not sure where to start so I wanted to get some advice before I started working on it. 

I'm using 32-bit Excel 2010

Thank you

Monday, May 4, 2015 6:02 PM

Answers

• To find data on multiple fields I usually use AutoFilter and set the filters from the values in the controls on the User form.

If you want more specific help then I would need to see an example of the workbook. (remove any sensitive data and replace with dummy data).

Guidelines to upload a workbook on OneDrive:

1. Zip your workbooks. Do not just save to OneDrive because the workbooks open with On-Line Excel and the limited functionality with the On-Line version causes problems.
    2. To Zip a file: In Windows Explorer Right click on the selected file and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.)
    3. Do not use 3rd party compression applications because I cannot unzip them. I do not clog up my computer with 3rd party apps when there are perfectly good apps supplied with windows.
    4. Go to this link.  https://onedrive.live.com
    5. Use the same login Id and Password that you use for this forum.
    6. Select Upload in the blue bar across the top and browse to the zipped folder to be uploaded.
    7. Select Open (or just double click). (Be patient and give it time to display the file after initially seeing the popup indicating it is done.)
    8. Right click the file on OneDrive and select Share.
    9. Do NOT fill in the form; Select "Get a Link" on the left side.
    10. Click the button "Create a Link"
    11. Click in the box where the link is created and it will highlight.
    12. Copy the link and paste into your reply on this forum.

Regards, OssieMac

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:51 AM

All replies

• To find data on multiple fields I usually use AutoFilter and set the filters from the values in the controls on the User form.

If you want more specific help then I would need to see an example of the workbook. (remove any sensitive data and replace with dummy data).

Guidelines to upload a workbook on OneDrive:

1. Zip your workbooks. Do not just save to OneDrive because the workbooks open with On-Line Excel and the limited functionality with the On-Line version causes problems.
    2. To Zip a file: In Windows Explorer Right click on the selected file and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.)
    3. Do not use 3rd party compression applications because I cannot unzip them. I do not clog up my computer with 3rd party apps when there are perfectly good apps supplied with windows.
    4. Go to this link.  https://onedrive.live.com
    5. Use the same login Id and Password that you use for this forum.
    6. Select Upload in the blue bar across the top and browse to the zipped folder to be uploaded.
    7. Select Open (or just double click). (Be patient and give it time to display the file after initially seeing the popup indicating it is done.)
    8. Right click the file on OneDrive and select Share.
    9. Do NOT fill in the form; Select "Get a Link" on the left side.
    10. Click the button "Create a Link"
    11. Click in the box where the link is created and it will highlight.
    12. Copy the link and paste into your reply on this forum.

Regards, OssieMac

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:51 AM
  • OssieMac,

Thank you for your reply.  I was able to use the autofilter and copy the filtered data to another part of the sheet and loop through that data.

Thank you for your help

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:36 PM