none
[Bug & cause] Winword 16 crash under Win 7 with XML mapping file containing comments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

here's a bug working 100% on my Win 7 x64 FR computer (O365 with Word 16.0.6965.2115).

Step 1 : Create & save the XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <Nolme.GPA xmlns="http://www.nolme.com/gpa">
    	<!-- CRASH -->
    </Nolme.GPA>

Step 2 : Open WinWord on a new file

Step 3 : Go to Developper tab -> click XML mapping pane -> Add the XML fileXML mapping pane

Step 4 : Select the custom XML

Step 5 : Word crash.

Cause :
    - The use of comments "<!-- -->" in the XML cause the application to crash.

Resolution :
    - Remove all comments in XML file to work under Win 7.

- Under Windows 10, Word version must be upgraded to Build 1611 (build 7571.2075) to solve the crash.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:58 AM

Answers

• Resolution :

- Under Windows 10, Word version must be upgraded to Build 1611 (build 7571.2075) to solve the crash.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I could reproduce the issue in 16.0.6965.2115/Win10. Thanks for sharing the solution. I suggest you post the solution as a new reply and mark it as answer, so that others uses the same version could see the solutions from this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Resolution :

Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:10 AM