How to deploy app built in VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy...

I have a web forms project I built using VS 2013 Pro. I wrote it before I became interested in Azure and it is only running on my local machine. My question is:  Can I deploy this website directly to Azure or do I have to make a website on Azure first and then copy files to Azure. All tutorials I have found require you to make a website in Azure and build the site from there. My site is already built...I just want to deploy it to Azure.

Thanks!

Jeff

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Answers

• You can easily deploy your project directly from Visual Studio to Azure. Make sure you have the latest VS update (Update 3).

You'll find all the options to deploy to Azure if you right click on your project and choose Publish. You can do this both for an existing Azure Website, as well as for a new one you want to create.

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Hello Jeff,

Please update us if you need any further assistance on this issue. To add to 'David Ebbo' response, you can refer to this link that will give you information on how to deploy a Visual studio application to Azure. You can skip the section 'Create an ASP.NET web application' as you have already created the project:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-dotnet-get-started/

I will be markind David Ebbos' response as answer right now. If you have any further questions with respect to this issue. Please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

• Marked as answer by jpres Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:09 PM

All replies

• You can easily deploy your project directly from Visual Studio to Azure. Make sure you have the latest VS update (Update 3).

You'll find all the options to deploy to Azure if you right click on your project and choose Publish. You can do this both for an existing Azure Website, as well as for a new one you want to create.

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Hello Jeff,

Please update us if you need any further assistance on this issue. To add to 'David Ebbo' response, you can refer to this link that will give you information on how to deploy a Visual studio application to Azure. You can skip the section 'Create an ASP.NET web application' as you have already created the project:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-dotnet-get-started/

I will be markind David Ebbos' response as answer right now. If you have any further questions with respect to this issue. Please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

• Marked as answer by jpres Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:09 PM