VSTS Build Task Spanning Multiple Team Projects RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server onsite Version 15.117.26714.0. I have multiple .net projects that need to be built together. Some are grouped in a solution sitting in team project $/A, the rest are grouped in a solution sitting in team project $/B. I'm trying to create a Get Sources task that can retrieve both sets of sources and two Build Solution tasks to do the compiling. In the Get Sources task the Repository is $/A and I cannot browse above that to the parent of A and B. Even though I hardcode an additional mapping to $/B the task doesn't retrieve those files, and so the build task fails because there's no source. 

Is there another way of doing this? I really need to combine and automate the building of these two solutions. I didn't split them across team projects, I'm just trying to pick the pieces up.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Neilhza,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the description, your issue is about the TFS and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html to seek for a more professional support.

BTW, you can also try to use task to invoke the command to download another project. For the more detail support, please check the above support forum, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Neilhza,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the description, your issue is about the TFS and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html to seek for a more professional support.

BTW, you can also try to use task to invoke the command to download another project. For the more detail support, please check the above support forum, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:33 AM
  • My apologies Sara. Question moved here:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/429789/vsts-build-task-spanning-multiple-team-projects.html

Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:10 AM
  • Hi Neilhza,

It's OK and thank you for your update, hope you will get a better support from there.

If you have any other VS IDE issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, January 18, 2019 2:05 AM