Enterprise SSO RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the current configuration:

3 SQL servers in Active/Active/Passive.  Each SQL instance is running on a different port, and each SQL group has MSDTC clustered. Enterprise SSO is on the 2nd SQL instance, and I'm able to fail it over between nodes and when reviewing the event logs I can see that it is started successfully.

4 BizTalk servers, 2 of which are in a cluster.  BizTalk has only been installed, not configured.

On the first BizTalk server i'm attempting to create a new BizTalk group, and as a part of that process I'm attempting to join it to an existing Enterprise SSO system.  It can see the SSODB, however when I try to specify the Windows service account (domain\ssouser) I receive the following error:

The SSO master secret server "SQLINSTANCEB" specified by the SSO database 'SSODB' on SQL Server (SQLINSTANCEB,1234) could not be found.  Without the SSO master secret server the SSO service cannot operate correctly. (SSO)

Additional information:

(0xc0002a0f) Could not contact the SSO Server '%1'.  Check that SSO is configured and that the SSO service is running on that server.  Could not contact the SSO server "SQLINSTANCEB".  Check that SSO is configured and that the SSO service is running on that server.  RPC: 0x800706BA: The RPC server is unavailable.) (SSO)

Any ideas?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:51 PM

Answers

• I assume you're trying to configure BizTalk whilst your cluster is running on the node with the SSO installation on (which by the way, you can also cluster )?  Are you trying to contact SSO through a cluster name or the local server name?  How was SSO configured originally?

On the SSO node load the SSO Admin Console and check the System properties to ensure that it has been set to the server your expecting (itself).

Using the same NT account as you're attempting to configure BizTalk with, are you able to use SQL Management Studio and browse to the database and read from it?  Is your account in the SSO and BizTalk administrators group?

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:50 AM

All replies

• I assume you're trying to configure BizTalk whilst your cluster is running on the node with the SSO installation on (which by the way, you can also cluster )?  Are you trying to contact SSO through a cluster name or the local server name?  How was SSO configured originally?

On the SSO node load the SSO Admin Console and check the System properties to ensure that it has been set to the server your expecting (itself).

Using the same NT account as you're attempting to configure BizTalk with, are you able to use SQL Management Studio and browse to the database and read from it?  Is your account in the SSO and BizTalk administrators group?

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Check that your SSO is running on the cluster, and check the eventlog on the cluster, to see if there are any errors?

Regards

BizTalk Consultant in France
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:55 PM