Advanced SQL Generation Options Greyed out with a Join RRS feed

• Question

• User-850127045 posted

I know that the Advanced SQL Generation Options can be Greyed out so that you cannot do an insert if you don't have a primary key on a table.  I have two tables, both tables have a primary key and I have a join or a SQL View (same thing)  Anyway to make this work?

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:14 PM

Answers

• User-837620913 posted

It will be grayed out if you have a join or use a view.  If you want the insert/update/delete statements for one of the two tables, create a separate select statement for just that table.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:22 PM

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

It will be grayed out if you have a join or use a view.  If you want the insert/update/delete statements for one of the two tables, create a separate select statement for just that table.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:22 PM
  • User3866881 posted

I have two tables, both tables have a primary key and I have a join or a SQL View (same thing)  Anyway to make this work?

Hello:)

Just seperate sql statements:

1) For selecting, you should write manually instead of using Wizard to auto generate select statement.

2) For inserting/deleting/updating, just singly create CRUD commands for each table or write manually according to the wizard.

Thanks again

Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:14 PM