Image Comparison ASP.net application!! Result in Percentage Format? RRS feed

• Question

• User46443684 posted

Hi All,

I am developing Image Comparison ASP.net application which gives result in percentage Format.

I want to know whether it's possible to comapre 2 images in .net irrespective of their format and result should be in percenatge format like 80%-90% like that...
    And the criterias for comparison are not "image size,pixel by pixel comparison and height,width". But they are other than this!! Can anyone suggest criterias for such comparison?....

Example:
    **say there is a yellow rose picture and another with red rose picture
    **then similarity is 99%
    **irrespective of the height and width of the  images
    Can anyone please help me in this matter.It would be really appreciated if anyone gives some good links.If

you can provide with some sample code it would be really appreciated. It's very much like a research topic.The application is asp.net application which gives result in percenatge format,!!

thanks hrishi

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:25 AM

All replies

• User-528039901 posted

I want to know whether it's possible to comapre 2 images in .net irrespective of their format and result should be in percenatge format like 80%-90% like that...

Yes, ths is possible.

And the criterias for comparison are not "image size,pixel by pixel comparison and height,width". But they are other than this!! Can anyone suggest criterias for such comparison?....

Äh - sorry. No. Depends heavily what you WANT as criteria. You see, image categorization is something where university teams are working on.

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:44 AM
  • User46443684 posted

Hi,

Basically i want to develop application which compares images irrespective of their format,size,height,width.

Here take one example of red rose and yellow rose image with same height,width.In this case if you take height,width,size similarity is 99%.

But it is not right.

So what criterias Should i take to devlope such application that irrespective of these parameters like format,height,width,size compare the images?...

Could anyone please Tell Me?...

How i can achieve the same?...Can anyone suggest the Logic that i should follow to acheive the same!!

Thanks

Hrishi

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:56 AM