SSRS 2008, Blank Pages whilst Using Matrix RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen numerous posts about this issue on the forums but am yet to find the answer to this problem, maybe someone could clarify it for me.

I have a table with a matrix inside which expands to under the size of 1 A4 Landscape page, without page breaks between groups turned on it prints in one long list as expected but if i turn on page breaks between groups then i get blank pages. This seems to be related to the MAtrix size when it expands to cope with the additional columns. The Matrix as default is small, and if i keep the Header/Footer details within the same size of the Matrix then it all works ok but it then means everything i create has to be within the size of the Matrix which is way to small.

Whats the solution???? Thanks

Pete
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:00 AM

Answers

• I played with page sizes etc for ages before coming accross the solutions, just needed to set the ConsumeContainerWhiteSpare in the report body to True, Job done :)
    Pete
    • Proposed as answer by Pete.UK Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:11 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

Generally, physical pagination is used to the print control and the TIFF and PDF rendering extension, and it is controlled by the PageSize(Width(8.5in) X Height(11in)) properties. From your description, it might be caused that the width of the table is greater than the width of the PageSize.

Personally, I suggest you try to adjust the width of the PageSize, or try to reduce the margin size of the report(In the Properties window, click the drop-down icon and select Report). For more information about Logical and Physical Pagination Rules, please refer to the article below:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bwelcker/archive/2005/08/19/454043.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Bin Long

• Proposed as answer by Rakesh M J Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:57 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:48 AM
  • I played with page sizes etc for ages before coming accross the solutions, just needed to set the ConsumeContainerWhiteSpare in the report body to True, Job done :)
    Pete
    • Proposed as answer by Pete.UK Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:11 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:02 AM
  • The property "ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace"is not part of the Report Body.  It's part of the Report. Within the Design tab, click the area surrounding the header, body, and footer to access the properties of the Report.

Setting this value to true eliminated my blank pages.  Thanks!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:32 PM
  • When I was working with a matrix report, in print layout it always had a blank page as page 2 even the report can fit into one single page. Setting the REPORT (not "body") property ConsumeContainerWhiteSpare to TRUE solved the problem.
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:01 PM
  • Yes setting the ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace to true works for me as well, i am using RS 2008.

Thanks a lot
    araw012

Anil

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:31 PM