Windows 10 SDK 2004 Just hangs at 31-51% RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v 1809 (latest Corporate IT image allowed in my organization)

Until recently, I had a couple of versions of the Win10 SDK installed back in 2019.

I was trying to install/upgrade to the latest 2004 version from May 2020 when I got an error saying I need to remove previous versions first.

I did an uninstall of several several SDK versions (I also had ADK) and then tried to install the SDK but the setup always hangs at anywhere between 31 to 51% depending on the features I selected.

Even installing just the debugging tools hangs at 51%.

If I hit "Cancel", it prompts for confirmation then goes back to hanging.

I usually kill setup and try again and it still hangs. If I reboot after I kill setup, it relaunches the setup like it knows it needs to continue but it still hangs.

How do I fix this?

Please note: I already tried downloading and running the install issue diagnostic but it didn't help

Monday, June 8, 2020 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hello STB_1,

You can install multiple SDKs but only one version of ADK is allowed. So maybe you can try to uninstall ADK and reinstall it after install SDK sucessfully.

And do you install SDK by downloading the installer? If yes, could you try downloading the .ISO option to see if it helps?

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:53 AM