Registering a Custom Attribute Store Assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a custom attribute store based on the Custom Attribute Store Developer Guide.  My code works great when run within a test application, but when I try to add it as an Attribute Store within Geneva Server (ADFS v2), there is an exception in the Event Viewer:

During processing of the service configuration, the attribute store 'Custom Profile Store' in the element 'attributeStores' could not be loaded. Verify that the type name and assembly specified are valid. 

Additional Data 
    The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)

I've placed the assembly into the GAC, and I've registered it using the type format described in the white paper:

AttributeStores.MyAttributeStore,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c0e73508c50c3ca

What am I missing?  Has anybody had any experience with this?

Thanks for the help.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:47 PM

Answers

• OK, I figured it out.  The reference needs the full assembly name after the class name:

AttributeStores.MyAttributeStore,AttributeStores,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c0e73508c50c3ca

The white paper had this reversed (the class name was listed as the second parameter instead of the assembly name).
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:35 PM

All replies

• OK, I figured it out.  The reference needs the full assembly name after the class name:

AttributeStores.MyAttributeStore,AttributeStores,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c0e73508c50c3ca

The white paper had this reversed (the class name was listed as the second parameter instead of the assembly name).
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Hi, I can't find this reference to make this work, can you help me?

Microsoft.IdentityServer.ClaimsPolicy.Engine.AttributeStore;

Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:23 PM
  • This is part of the Microsoft.IdentityServer.ClaimsPolicy.dll, which can be found in the installation folder for AD FS 2.0.  It should also be in the GAC of the server where AD FS is installed.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:40 PM