Could not load file or assembly 'VideoLibraryProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc008bf5dcddea62' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When I have migrated the web Application from SharePoint 2010 source server to the SharePoint 2010 Destination server.I got  the Error "Could not load file or assembly 'VideoLibraryProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc008bf5dcddea62' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

When I tried accessing the migrated web Application can somebody help me out in this why I am getting this error.

Monday, May 25, 2015 3:52 AM

Answers

• The Source Server must have had the custom solution (WSP) which deployed the DLL VideoLibraryProject. You could look into the Solution Management of Source server for such WSPs, and you need to install them all WSPs on the Destination server. 

For a quick solution, you can delete the webpart that is using the Code of this custom library, by following below steps:

If you are getting this error on the homepage (or any page), try appending "?contents=1" in the url. It will display the page's webparts. Close or delete the webpart which you think is using the custom code DLL. (You can try closing one by one, if name does not suggest which is the webpart). 

Monday, May 25, 2015 8:17 AM

All replies

• HI,It seems that there is some Dll or assembly file missing in the new server.Please check the old server if any file exist related to open the video and copy that file from old to new server in same location.

Anil Avula[Partner,MCP,MCSE,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP,MCSM] See Me At: http://expertsharepoint.blogspot.de/

Monday, May 25, 2015 6:54 AM
  • The Source Server must have had the custom solution (WSP) which deployed the DLL VideoLibraryProject. You could look into the Solution Management of Source server for such WSPs, and you need to install them all WSPs on the Destination server. 

For a quick solution, you can delete the webpart that is using the Code of this custom library, by following below steps:

If you are getting this error on the homepage (or any page), try appending "?contents=1" in the url. It will display the page's webparts. Close or delete the webpart which you think is using the custom code DLL. (You can try closing one by one, if name does not suggest which is the webpart). 

Monday, May 25, 2015 8:17 AM
  • Hi Hansawat,

Thanx a lot for your suggestion it helped me a lot.

Now the Issue is resolved.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Hi Anil,

Thanx a lot for your suggestion it helped me a lot.

Now the Issue is resolved.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:27 AM