Displaying Office File in VB Form RRS feed

• Question

• Upon opening an office file (i.e. Word., Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc), is it possible to do the following:

1) Display in Userform (WebControl or other control)?

2) Manuipulate while in the userform?

Thanks

RK

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 3:42 PM

Answers

• On a machine with Office Installed.

You can right click the toolbox, click "customize toolbox", add the Microsoft Office Excel 10.0 COM component (Or whatever version of office is installed) and you now get a control in you toolbox which you can add to the form

You can control this using the Excel Object model.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:07 PM

All replies

• For definate with excel. you can embed a spreadsheet within a user form.

That said, for licensing purposes you still need to have the office application installed on the machine.  You can just go distributing these office assemblies.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:45 PM
  • Office would alway be installed on these systems.  I could test for this as well if need be.  So how do you pull the Excel file into the userform.  Don't think I want to use a datagrid. Would actually like to see the actual spreadsheet in the form.  Would I use a Web Control?

EM

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 8:20 PM
  • On a machine with Office Installed.

You can right click the toolbox, click "customize toolbox", add the Microsoft Office Excel 10.0 COM component (Or whatever version of office is installed) and you now get a control in you toolbox which you can add to the form

You can control this using the Excel Object model.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:07 PM
  • Sorry to be more specific, which control do I use?

EM

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:10 PM