LightSwitch HTMLClient errors in Azure compiled with VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i tried to publish my VS 2013 Lightswitch Project to azure with the new SDK 2.1.

It worked for the Silverlight Client but for the HTMLClient i got an error for the LogIn.aspx:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request.   Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.            

Parser Error Message: The type 'Microsoft.LightSwitch.Security.ServerGenerated.Implementation.LogInPageBase' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly 'XXXXXXXX\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\bin\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server.DLL' or from assembly '
    XXXXXXXX\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\bin\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Base.Server.DLL'. Please specify the assembly explicitly in the type name.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Inherits="Microsoft.LightSwitch.Security.ServerGenerated.Implementation.LogInPageBase"%>
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE HTML>

Source File: /login.aspx    Line: 1            

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Yunjie,

i solved the problem by deleting my old Azure Website (created with VS 2012) and creating a new one. After deploying from VS 2013 to the new site, everything was working properly.

Conclusion: Use a clean target in Azure.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alex 

• Edited by Alinho75 Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alinho75 Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Hi Alex,

According to your error message, it typically happens when you have pages in different directories that have the same code behind the class name as 'Microsoft.LightSwitch.Security.ServerGenerated.Implementation.LogInPageBase' and you deploy the app. 

We can try renaming one of the classes to avoid the conflict as a workaround.

If you need further assistance please let me know.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

According to your error message, it typically happens when you have pages in different directories that have the same code behind the class name as 'Microsoft.LightSwitch.Security.ServerGenerated.Implementation.LogInPageBase' and you deploy the app. 

We can try renaming one of the classes to avoid the conflict as a workaround.

If you need further assistance please let me know.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:29 AM
  • Hi Yunjie,

i solved the problem by deleting my old Azure Website (created with VS 2012) and creating a new one. After deploying from VS 2013 to the new site, everything was working properly.

Conclusion: Use a clean target in Azure.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alex 

• Edited by Alinho75 Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Alternatively, go into Web Matrix and manually clear the contents of the site.  This worked for me.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:54 AM