Gain Sysadmin rights back RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I think before you could login to SQL, another admin login has gained access to SQL server. Keep a command prompt open or SSMS. As soon as SQL is restarted, immediately login to SQL server before anyother login can connect to SQL..

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hello ,

Can you refer to this link,you must be administrator on local computer.I have not tried this but check it might help you

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207004.aspx

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Yep, tried that to, SQL agent service is down, and SQL Server service has been restarted with -m. I still get: "Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time".
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:17 PM
  • Yep, tried that to, SQL agent service is down, and SQL Server service has been restarted with -m. I still get: "Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time".

I suppose you did not logged into win server with admin account, did you?

May be you can take help of Windows admin to login as admin on this server.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:29 PM
  • I suppose you did not logged into win server with admin account, did you?

May be you can take help of Windows admin to login as admin on this server.

I did log in with domain admin account, it has full admin previleges on Windows server. Is this ok?
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

I think before you could login to SQL, another admin login has gained access to SQL server. Keep a command prompt open or SSMS. As soon as SQL is restarted, immediately login to SQL server before anyother login can connect to SQL..

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:03 PM
  • Why is your SQL Server running with -m param? Can you remove it?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Blog: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

Got it, you were right, I need to be extra fast with login after service is restarted. Now I managed to add sysadmin roles to desired accounts and report service DP was succsessfully created.
    Monday, September 16, 2013 8:04 AM